Online Dental Education Library
Our team of dental specialists and staff strive to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions associated with your teeth and gums. Please use our dental library to learn more about dental problems and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment , contact us .
New Filling, Onlay and Crown Instructions.
Follow instructions for 14 days.
- Avoid sticky foods Gum, taffy, ect..
- Avoid hard foodsNuts, bread crust, ect..
- Avoid extremely cold or hot temperaturesLiquids and Food.
- Brush and Floss as usual
TEMPORARY CEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Clean out any excess cement in the crown.
- Try in the crown to ensure proper seating.
- Dry the crown with gauze.
- Open the cement packet, squeeze out its contents and mix together with the end of the cotton swab.
- Fill the crown with the cement.
- Place the crown on the tooth and bite down for 10 minutes.
- Clean off any excess cement.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BLEACHING
- Brush before and after bleaching.
- Be consistent when you start bleaching your teeth. Bleach for 10-14 days in a row.
- Use bleaching material for only 30 minutes a day.
- Your teeth are more susceptible to stain during bleaching and for 30 days after. Try to avoid dark foods and drinks (tea, coffee, red wine).
- Rinse trays out gently to avoid distortion. Do not place in hot water.
- Teeth may be sensitive to hot and cold for several weeks.
- Keep the gel you are using at room temperature. Store all other tubes in the refrigerator.